Friday, January 22, 2010

Soldeck?

In browsing around, I discovered the following series of videos on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/soldeck#p/u/4/dLgDP-a2XVw

These dozen brief, abstract clips, all sharing the same hypnotic soundtrack, seem to me not only concentratedly beautiful shots of audio-visual intensity but also a very intelligent use of the specific qualities of Youtube.

Plus, there's the mystery! The only information given on this person's Youtube page is the username 'soldeck' and the location: Gibraltar (?!) The pieces themselves are all simply entitled 'Video', with no stated differentiation between them.

Does anyone know who 'soldeck' is? If so, please contact me because I'm really excited about this find.

2 Comments:

Blogger Steven Ball said...

I can't help you with Soldeck, but I agree, very interesting. I suspect that the mysteriousness is intentional and Gibraltar a red herring, but we'll see...

6:40 am  
Blogger Marcos Ortega said...

Very interesting works indeed! The profile was created just a few days ago...

7:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home