Thursday, December 02, 2010

Le Cain Films at Thessaloniki International Film Festival

This year, I have the huge honour of being part of the magnificent Experimental Forum of the Thessaloniki International Film Festival, programmed by Vassily Bourikas. I've attended the two previous editions of this section of the Festival and, in both cases, come away with my sense of film history significantly altered and deepened thanks to Vassily's uncompromising devotion to bringing to light unjustly neglected cinemas.

Prior commitments prevent my attending this year, but the programme again promises viewers a once-in-a-lifetime cinematic experience: a retrospective of Australian experimental film, films by George Manupelli, Oleg Mavromatti, Wilhelm Hein... (To say nothing of a tribute to my hero Werner Schroeter happening outside the Experimental Forum as part of the Festival's maintsream!)

The Experimental Forum also includes a programme of recent experimental films called Last Year's Resolutions in which my Monologue and Hotel La Mirage (my 'Greek co-production'!) are screening alongside works by Peter Tscherkassky, Pip Chodorov, Ivan & Igor Buhraov and many others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home